Why we are moving to a low-cost paid model

All news & announcements will go here
Bollejef
Site Admin
Site Admin
Why we are moving to a low-cost paid model

Post by Bollejef »

In this thread I want to explain a bit why we are moving from an (almost) completely free model to a low-cost paid model.

While it has been my goal to keep the main features of the bot free, by implementing options like ad-clicking, sponsored videos, etc. these options have not reached the effect that I was expecting (i.e. covering server cost & making me a small amount of money for the time I invest in writing the software and providing updates).
With the amount of users growing, the amount of support requests, additional features and bug fixes also increased. While our mods (DenDannie & MedicalGuy) are doing a great job in providing support, the time that I (Bollejef) need to invest in development, updating the website and providing aditional support, has downed my motivation as it does not result in almost any form of appreciation/compensation (yes, there are more people that come to complain about small problems than there are people that come to say thanks).

For those interested, currently ad-clicks are providing about 0.05-0.10$ / day in revenue and donations provide another 5-10$ / month.
As I update the bot about once every 1-2 weeks, it takes about 5-15 hours of my free time each week (development, testing, deployment), while I now also have a full time job of 40 hours a week. Keeping these values in mind, 3 paid users in our new model (see below) would bring in more funds than all users together in the current model.

While I would like to keep it low cost (we have all seen bots for 10$/week), PayPal fees form one of the big problems (on a 5$ transactions, they sometimes take fees up to 50%). Herefor we have determined the following prices:
Pro: 3$/month (other billing cycles with reduced price coming later)
Ultra: 5$/month

Detailed features of both version can be found on this page.

There will still be a free version, for new users to test the software with a limited runtime of 30 minutes once a day and reduced features.

Note that anyone with donator status before the release will receive 3 months (until 31 January 2019) of the Ultra version as a thank you for donating.

Sincerely,
Bollejef
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: Donations accepted: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
BTC: 12aaJoT3Ps8UGfedHvT1YS5dDLqfPuWyVi
ETH: 0x56c8A4f0Da9d9fDAc32Cc1E6245A1F898Ab04170
PayPal: Click here

Jakius1000
Re: Why we are moving to a low-cost paid model

Post by Jakius1000 »

I’m sorry but I don’t have the money right now to buy your bot I will try to donate so money if I can

SurRainbow
Pro User
Pro User

Post by SurRainbow »

Hello! I wanna be the first to say THANK YOU. Your bot has helped me gain customers for my site and I don't mind paying for it! The support is fantastic. Too be honest I would have thought you make more with the ads.

I also sell services for a minimum of $3USD and paypal do take $0.40+ (sometimes $0.60 i guess it's based on how they feel?)

Good luck, hope you can move out of beta soon! <3

Bollejef
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bollejef »

SurRainbow wrote:
02 Nov 2018 10:56
Hello! I wanna be the first to say THANK YOU. Your bot has helped me gain customers for my site and I don't mind paying for it! The support is fantastic. Too be honest I would have thought you make more with the ads.

I also sell services for a minimum of $3USD and paypal do take $0.40+ (sometimes $0.60 i guess it's based on how they feel?)

Good luck, hope you can move out of beta soon! <3
Thanks for the kind words ;-)

paorua
Donator
Donator

Post by paorua »

[quote=Bollejef post_id=2976 time=1541077206 user_id=2]

[b]Note that anyone with donator status before the release will receive 3 months (until 31 January 2019) of the Ultra version as a thank you for donating.[/b]

Sincerely,
Bollejef
[/quote]

Hello, My account have pro version not Ultra version. Check my account pleas. Thank you alot !!

ericluiz37
Pro User
Pro User

Post by ericluiz37 »

Hello. I need help. I am from Brazil, and I can not pay for living here, my card is nothing from another country and now how do I do it? I use bot a lot for service

levita
Donator
Donator

Post by levita »

I have the same problem. My account is pro not ultra. You do a good job.
You can explain me to use active 2 or 10 active sessions? Its important to me.

Bollejef
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bollejef »

levita wrote:
04 Nov 2018 05:28
I have the same problem. My account is pro not ultra. You do a good job.
You can explain me to use active 2 or 10 active sessions? Its important to me.
paorua wrote:
04 Nov 2018 03:22
Bollejef wrote:
01 Nov 2018 13:00

Note that anyone with donator status before the release will receive 3 months (until 31 January 2019) of the Ultra version as a thank you for donating.

Sincerely,
Bollejef
Hello, My account have pro version not Ultra version. Check my account pleas. Thank you alot !!
I forgot to update the account list, but no worries as my automated account check system will just be activate later today (after I update the account list) ;-)

EDIT: Update complete, you may have to restart the client to see the change

SurRainbow
Pro User
Pro User

Post by SurRainbow »

If i donate now do I get the benefits still?

Bollejef
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bollejef »

SurRainbow wrote:
04 Nov 2018 14:14
If i donate now do I get the benefits still?
That deal has sadly ended :/